Rajesh Bhandari

When young minds are challenged to think big, they will always believe to push their envelop forward regardless of situation.

Sunday, May 17, 2020

I Never Knew



 

I got a Rolex watch when I topped my 12th standard from my dad as gift, I was so happy, my constant motivator and a true guide for my career and future. I am so glad that I was a brilliant student throughout my schooling, my dad with my highest scoring and brilliancy at science and mathematics wanted me to make a doctor.  I never thought of breaking it, he knows what I needed to be, what profession need I choose and which path should I follow. But the reality of life, career and passion never has its own boundary and it tends to alter with time and atmosphere we brought up. Despite my father love and care and support I ultimately flouted his dream imposed in me. But I was never wrong neither did my father.

One of The hardest thing in life, is to challenge those wishes who deeply care about you, you don’t only need the courage to defy, it is more with a negotiation that comes with the deep discussion with the people that matters in your life. I never disagree with my dad, with his profound knowledge combined with experience has something to proffer to me as an adviser for life and career. Up until I finish my 12th grade, I was the same kid of my dad, almost guided by my father, brought me up with his commands, and I never knew what I ever wanted in my life, since I had my dad controlled all my desires and aspiration for life. One fine night at a dinner, chicken chilly by my side, and my favorite. At the middle of the dinner, dad broke the silence, I have talked with one of the top college for your further study, I had revealed your percentage to the admission committee as well, your grades are highly appreciated and eligible for 100% scholarship. And I have decided that tomorrow we are leaving for a college visit, 155 km away from here. I could not disagree. My dad, my road map.

12 months later I realize that anything except management is not meant for me, thanks to my physics and chemistry teacher who did not give me 2 marks as a grace, had they made me pass I could have thought to continue, it is only then I realize something more than this has stored for me at future. Papa was not happy with the way I behave with my studies; he even could not believe his eyes for many years. he did not speak a word since then. I choose management, until something great happens I wasn’t sure management is all waiting for me. Before I graduate, I chose to visit my dad once, see him how he is doing. One day before I leave back home, I received a long message that simply stated “son, I know you since you are born, I presume I am the only one who can guide you, but you prove me wrong. I dream about you and want to prepare a young and dynamic doctor for the nation, I have nothing to say now. Your mom could have been so happy if she would have had seen you being a doctor, I thought you could save many people life and never let people suffer from the disease which your mom went through, all the best my son. All I want to say to you is I have moved from this place. Now like your mom your father is no more with you. I will never appreciate any of your call or try to find me.

This was the most disheartening moment in my life, I never expect dad could go such extreme to lose me, all I was left is with experimentation of life with the series of hope, independence. It was really a tough time, without talking to dad my days never went as good as I wanted. All I have is the Rolex watch to remember him. My days went good at college if not the best, friends and teacher remains supportive and that gave me a lot of hope for the future and the career I was trying to build. 20 years gone dad still kept silent, he must have turned 76 by now.
Are you Puskar? Umm yes, it’s me Puskar at the phone, may I know who is at the other side? Son, I am Pravakar, friend of your father, I ping you to say that your father is in hospital. And he has been here from the last 4 days, what happened to my dad?  I am confused. Please tell me what happened to him, where is he now?  Your father is diagnosed with a cancer, but you don’t worry, I am with your father, I am going to give you the address, you just follow.  He rushed toward the address given and reached the hospital on the next day. Receptionist guided him to visit room no 291 at the 3rd floor where his dad was admitted. It was almost 20 years we both kept silent, and it must be disheartening to him seeing his dad lying on bed with a severe disease.  

As he took a lift for the 3rd floor, as he approached to the room 291, there was Mr. Pravakar waiting for him, waved at him and took Puskar inside the room where his dad was kept, as soon as they both enter the room dad along with few doctors looked at them, surprisingly all the doctors greeted Mr. Puskar with a huge respect, dad got surprised to see that why all the doctors giving such an enormous admiration to my son, Dad calmly asked to the doctors, that’s my son, your colossal respect for him surprise me a lot. He is a true reflection of a leader, how can we forget his help during our studies and he is the owner of one of the most reputed and valued Medical and Science institute, and we have got the degree from his college, one of the doctor replied to his dad. He continued, now it is our true privilege to contribute back an exceptional handling to his father. Dad could not halt his tears.

As I loomed near to my dad, embraced his hand firmly, a progressive vibes permeate across my body, I feel so safe and secure, 20 long years has vanished so fast.  Dad I am so sorry I could not be a good doctor you aspire, I could not be the one to mitigate people suffering from severe ill and disease, I am so sorry dad. You have produced one of the greatest doctors possible, dad responded, tear in his eyes. You are a true leader my son, do you remember this watch dad? always my son, you know dad it is the only thing I have as a memory since I left you, I never forget you, as I reminisce you, your watch kept me inspired every second of my life. Thank you dad.

Writer: Mr. Rajesh Prasad Bhandari
President: PVP Nepal, Province no. 7
BBA Program Director, Brixton College  
Phone: 9805422784           


Email: tfabodoc@gmail.com

No comments:

Leadership and Management

The Presentation 2021.

A Leader Without Acheivement